Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ahem...

ahem...






"To write a good love letter, you ought to begin without knowing what you mean to say and to finish without knowing what you have written."
- Jean Jacques Rousseau



The name of this joint comes from a poem by ee cummings. His last words were: " I’m going to stop now, but I’m going to sharpen the ax before I put it up, dear." September was unseasonably hot that year, and cummings was cutting kindling.

" Recognizing and realizing the intrinsic divinity exemplified by the small, ephemeral bits of driftstuff that fill the ignorance of our daily eyelines ruins it, but it seems a tragedy to hide away boxes of gathered treasures filled with the momentary nature of crystal until thay can become someone else's secret glance under the skirt of the world."
- Gordon Shearer



There's something to be said for an age when smut was filled with classy dames.


I like ukulele.

I'm rusty at this, so give me a couple of posts to get rolling, yo.



No comments:

Post a Comment