Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inexcusable Absence

I've been trying to spend at least half-an-hour a day sitting quietly and breathing deeply and slowly; this makes my brain go crazy. I used to be a long distance runner; not long-long distance, but I never went a day without running a minimum of three-to-four miles. Sometimes, I'd run ten or more. My brain would always start playing these odd auto-pilot games. I would think of a sentence and then spell it out in two-word couplets to see whether it had an odd or even number of letters. I would tap out rhythm patterns on my fingertips with my thumb, then do the same simultaneously in reverse on the other hand. I'd recite the Greek alphabet. So far, my meditation has been the mental equivalent of frantically bailing water from a sinking dinghy, were water inversions of three-note chords in a Japanese scale on the ukulele, details of trains I've slept on, and the Cyrillic alphabet. I can't seem to help it, but practice makes perfect. My fore-brain hums, but my aft-brain continues to whirr.
Today, I thought about future travels.


Let's just see what jumps out of the internet at me on this Saturday morning... Orly Genger staring at me.


My next t-shirt design will have a monster in it, but which one?


I wish I could draw people better.


I can't wait to get my silkscreen printer, so I can make designs with far greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment