Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pride Fighting

One of the contestants on the biggest loser (me, for watching) used to be an Olympic wrestler. The show reunited him with a former trainer in order for the trainer to shame the brute for letting himself go. His trainer is a former Pride fighter. Pride is a big mixed martial art (blended army painting) league, but I always liked the two-word poem of the name. I'd say stick with this at least until he says "people always underestimate the kick to the groin."



What to do for a sorbet after all that bang-a-da-bang-a-da-bang? Elsa Mora.


My science teacher in 10th grade arranged 9 students in a line on the football field, each holding one of 9 differently-sized spheres to represent the planets and their proportional distances. It made me think of the scene in Jaws when the ginormous shark is right off the port bow (left) of this puny ass boat and the one guy wants the other guy to go stand by the shark so you could get a sense of scale from the picture he wanted to take. I guess it's all about where you stand.


I spend an embarrassing amount of time poring over Medieval manuscripts online. I swear I only read it for the pictures.


Speaking of two-word poems; silk tree.


cricket cage. (I can't seem to settle on the right pet for me.)


Eddie and I were talking today about the glories of the days-long-gone when one usually had to be talented to be famous.

3 comments:

  1. Donald O'Connor! i just watched "there's no business like show business". glad to see the wayward Donahue son shine. delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, bang-a-da-bang-a-da-bang? new favorite onomatopoeia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donald O'Connor is fucking dreamy. Desilu Productions was my mother's milk. I'm not one for reincarnation, but sometimes I feel like I was born too late.
    I used to figure out how to say things in reverse, phonetically, so when played in reverse it would say the word intended. Onomatopoeia backwards is Ah-eep-ah-dam-ah-no. That's mine.

    ReplyDelete