Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Take away the elements in order of apparent non-importance.

Admittedly, lots of the stuff here comes across as a little dorm-room/high-school hipster, but I love the Godzilla dresses.


They also have a Divine jacket that is significantly lass-than-so, but it does day "The Filthiest Person Alive."


I remember a summer that was filled with Johns Cassavetes & Waters.

Let's go back to clothing; I love this website: it would be smut if some of the outfits weren't so amazing.


Not that there's anything wrong with smut.


Whatever happened to the classy pin-up?


Off of pin-ups and onto someone who rocks: Leslie Hall (I'm throwing up midwest gang signs {not gang signs of the midwest, but, rather, for...}).



I lived in Amish Country as a youth; the lone theater, set on main street on the cruising capital of the world (No shit. The cruising capital of the world.): Every Saturday, they'd have matinees of the most fantastic classic cinema. Looking back, I'm amazed at the stuff they brought through there. I sat wide-eyed like clockwork up-front every single Saturday for a whole Summer of Harryhausen. Sufficed to say, it had a profound influence on my developing sense of aesthetics.


I always had a problem with anthropomorphizing, and, in all honesty, I still sometimes talk to my tea kettle; "I hear you. I hear you." Still, this game, in the span of 600 seconds, got me to truly care and feel for a handful of colored squares: Seriously, they need to make a movie of this.

Just a graphic blob... Not to deny the impact of simplicity.


Your Mouth - Frank Zappa

Everybody's Gotta Live - Arthur Lee

Live And Let Die - Daniel Johnston

Ti Offro Da Bere - Mike Patton & Metropole Orchestra

Stranger In My Own Hometown - Elvis Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment