Monday, March 23, 2009

Ada Lovelace, or The Difference Engine Unfinished

Well, apparently today is Ada Lovelace day, so this one's about and for the ladies. She was Byron's daughter, and a genius that pretty much came up with the idea of computing machines. She described herself as being and analyst and a metaphysician. I like that.


I was going to post something about great women throughout history, but, today. I'm more inclined to run full-steam into the internet and see what sticks. This could go horribly wrong, but let's go looking for women online. First up, Hats. Why don't women wear hats anymore?


Looking for Russian prison tattoos, I came across this image. Sometime a picture is worth far more that a thousand words.


Like Garry Winogrand said, Women are beautiful. This little Frenchy reminds me of him in some ways, but there was only ever just one Winogrand.


These French book covers could be called sexist, but half of them are pulp noir stories in which everybody is miserable and pushed around.


Before this devolves into a Fanny Hill post, let's switch to tacky weddings, because everyone knows that little girls all dream about that special day with the perfect fella (Fuck you again, Walt Disney).



Let's get Wonder Woman out of the way.


Shit. I'm losing steam and I've lost the thread. More soon, buckaroo.

See Line Woman - Nina Simone

When a Man loves a Woman - Karen Dalton


Devil got my Woman - Skip James

Sobbin' Woman Blues - Elizabeth Johnson

Black Widow Spider Woman - Jack Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment