Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Morning Coming Up

Yesterday, I aspired to maintain, if not a cohesive thematic undercurrent, the appearance of a thread. I've still got some organizing to do, so I'll sort through my etrash and pick things for you to sort through. Who'm I kidding; that's the deal under ideal circumstances. First random thing that catches my eye on this fine Spring day.


I have a feeling it's going to be a photo-ish day on the old internerd ranch. I'll probably get around to Guy Bourdin by the end of this, but I'm digging Alison Brady.

Cindy Sherman.

Rikko Kassa... Tokyo's been on my mind lately, and his stuff doesn't help that.


I need to shift gears, because I could sit here and post pictures of women all day, cultured pig that I am... Let's go to Russian prison.

While we're on criminals, it's criminal that this hairstyle isn't more popular. Seriously. I would smile more often if more people did this.



Not to get all Silence of the Lambs, but I'd wear this...


I could read old sex and revenge stories from EC Comics until the cows come home.


As much of a bad rap as these got from parents' groups back in the day, I think they prepare little buggers for the vagaries of romantic co-existence far better than the bullshit that Walt Disney promises, the coy little minx that he is. I don't want to go too far off onto comic book tangents, because it's done far better elsewhere. The medium tends to attract completists. Still, I've got to shout out about Turok #1. I can remember this as one of the very first comics I'd come across. I couldn't have been more than 7. We were on one of those typical American family roadtrips and my Dad got me this at a Denny's somewhere. Shit blew my mind.


I'm gonna put a pot on and procrastinate dwelling on my own mortality through trips down four-color lane for a bit... more soon. As usual, the first five songs that make me think of you...

T.V. Eye - The Stooges

Fever - Dean Carter


Storia D'Amore - Mike Patton & Metropole Orchestra


Music is a Better Noise - Essential Logic


Wawa - Lizzy Mercier Descloux

No comments:

Post a Comment