Sunday, May 23, 2010

early and I can't sleep

Sorry I've been all-business and stingy with the chatty, but, today, it's early and I'm uncaffienated, so I'm doing you a favor by keeping my trap shut. It's a little early to go full-maniac, but why the fuck not...



That's lots to deal with, early on a Sunday. I'm going to have to cash in my breather right out of the gate; I recommend the woman's house turban for a go-go-maniac cool-down.


Joel Robert Harris: a life in doodles.


The floor isn't half-bad either.


Vintage Russian posters.


Alexei Vella.


Nick Knight.


This is becoming a bit of an ART/FASHION parade...


I like the color splashes.


Cutaway Views... (pink panther)


I got an exacto knife because I wanted to cut out some pictures. Kako has some serious knife skills.


More Russian graphic design, board game edition.


Tentacles are something which I often doodle.


Drawing with a stick in the sand.


I thought this list of reasons for adopting an old dog instead of buying a puppy was funny because, in an ideal world, these would apply to people as well.






via Kahlo

4 comments:

  1. sikhnet is definitely the source for the "right" ways to wrap a turban, but i need to find a more fashionable alternative, something less...swaddled potato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i have 2 t-shirts that i need to improve. bleach is my medium. any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wash them with a half-cup of rock salt a couple of times and it thins them out like those few wonderful shirts that live to old age. the danger of selective bleaching dangerously skirts tie-dye territory. Maybe soak the hems so the bleach bleeds funnily at the edges? As far as being a turban cowgirl goes, you rock it. faux turbans invite Gloria Swanson references... from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I meant salt-salt.

    ReplyDelete