Friday, May 28, 2010

so much for that hat

It's late on Friday and I'm listening to cartoons and destroying a pint of coconut sorbet and an over-sized handful of cherries. I haven't thought of a theme for Saturday, but I'd like to start fresh and unceremoniously unload the links I've stumbled across, this week that was. Mooooooooooooooooooogs! (If that didn't sound like a cow in your head, award yourself 10 Canadian Cool Kid Points)


Do take a minute to listen to a god particle decay.


I need to come visit.


Long Fin Killie (TV on the Radio for the early 90s)



While we're on music, this site makes nice mixes for all occasions.


I want to touch this art so bad.



The beautiful women of Belgium.


And, alternately, for the ladies.


Seriously gorgeous big pictures of little bugs.



I can't reconcile the expense of the marimba that is also a storage chest, but that doesn't stop me from trying to talk myself into buying the marimba that is also a storage chest.


God bless ornamental typography.

9 comments:

  1. Bob Moog spoke at a middle school in Lyons, IN in 2000. My friend Jonny Yuma was there, and wrote about it:

    http://wlt4.home.mindspring.com/adventures/articles/moog.htm

    What a Lucky Man indeed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've got the "just wake up" playlist on now. i like broken social scene so much better when there's no vocals....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went to the Whitney Biennial last night, and nothing there even approached the beauty of that feather art. they need to do some housecleaning in their curatorial dept asap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought the word "thorax" only applied to insect anatomy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. alright, gotta go write a glockenspiel part before practice. thanks for the morning sorbet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember hearing about the Moog visit the day after it happened, and, nope; thorax is the bit that connects the head to the abdomen, bug or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will never use the word "thorax" when teaching a yoga class...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breastplate, cuirass and corslet are equally awkward substitutes. Someone tried to correct my tree pose the other day because I've always just done it naturally. I was into it until they said, 'now grow your little tree' unironically. I'm the jaded product of a bitter age. No wonder my chesty pectorals are so tense (thorax).

    ReplyDelete