Friday, June 18, 2010

Deluge Level Catastrophe

It was so hot and humid and I had on too many clothes when I got on the Red Line: it was dark and cold by the time we went above ground (dark, like check-your-watch dark); it was dropping buckets three stops later. It was raining so hard that I couldn't see: ten steps out the door of the Addison Station, and I could not possibly get wetter in a full bathtub. It was great.
The jelly is from the tree of life project that aggregates information about and images illustrating biodiversity and arranges them chronologically. If I lived in the ocean, I would be a Mer-Nerd.


If you ever need samples of a wide variety of birdsongs as well as the birds' Latin, English and Finnish names, go here.


Pictures from a long time ago of all over the place:


A Dream to Have in Heaven:


It's gross to say fun, but I wish Anna Gulmann would do something.


I could see you driving a smiling, olive car.


I would use this to paint me a big ol' peanut.


These are gorgeous.


as are these


Carny Lingo


John White's Black Chicago


Whitney Box

No comments:

Post a Comment