Monday, June 14, 2010

mmmmh… bla.

I can't believe I'd never seen this footage. I mean, these are Famous & Recognizable Jazz Artists. I went looking for Hank Jones footage, because I missed the news that he had died. I know 15 minutes is an awful commitment in this day and age, but sit right down and watch the shit out of this. Bird drops a solo at about four-and-a-half in that reminds you why he's Charlie Parker. It's those sparse interstitial moments that charm me most: Bird lighting a cigarette before they even say cut warms my heart.




It's been a weird week of circuitous tunneling; speaking of which, Denver Airport apparently has lots going on underneath it. It looks fine to me, outside of how it's totally a swastika.

Searching for Extreme Music from Africa, I found this odd abandoned archive: Africa & Omega.


Swedish Subways look like this; Chicago'd have it tagged-all-to-hell and reeking of piss in about a minute (I'm not saying; I'm just saying).


I liked this picture, and then I looked at the album in which it was.


This was the first comic I ever bought: I would tell you what it's about, but it says "Spider Men and Monkey People pit Turok against Andar in MORTAL COMBAT" on the cover which prominently features two fighting Native Americans engaged before an on-looking throng of aforementioned men and people; Andar's the little one.


Bless The Algebra Mothers.


Jupiter is lovely.


I could watch these for a good while (Maybe too good of a while? Maybe too good of a while.).



From Swedish subways to Japanese bike storage.


Opium


Angora Mint hipped me to these.

This is called Old Man Fondling The Exposed Breast of a Young Woman Who's Taking Coins From His Purse.. Yeah.


Aaaaaand, Giant Squid for a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment